Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

I won't be able to post tomorrow due to the festivities, but I wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Even if you don't celebrate, it's nice to stop and think about all we have and take for granted. Here are a few things I'm thankful for.

1. My family. I am blessed to have my wonderful wife, a close family, and many friends to share this time with, and to share my life with. I am also grateful for their support as I make many changes in my life and step in many new and unexpected directions.

2. My freedom. I am blessed to live in a country where I can live, act, and speak as I wish. Despite what I say think of others and their positions, I respect them, and acknowledge that my freedom is contingent on theirs.

3. My health. I am blessed to be healthy, and to have the tools I need to stay that way.

4. My job. I am blessed to be able to work hard and support myself. I am glad that I have the opportunity to make something of myself, pay my bills, and manage to live comfortable enough.

5. My country. Everything sort of rolled into one. I am blessed to live in America, a land of opportunity, freedom, and ingenuity. I couldn't imagine living anywhere else, and though it has its flaws, I believe that it is worth fighting for and preserving.

Take the time to reflect on what you have, who you have, and where you are in your life. It puts struggle in perspective, and seems to calm our lives briefly to have a time together.

Happy Thanksgiving, and God Bless.

No comments: